|Job title:||Midwives - Metro & Regional Victoria|
|Salary||Base Salary Range: $65,000 - $94,000|
State Award: Modern Award for Nurses and Midwives
Work type: Full time
Base Salary Range: $65,000 - $94,000
The Registered Midwife is responsible for the provision of woman centered; evidence- based midwifery care that promotes identified health outcomes. The Registered Midwife will assess, plan, implement and evaluate midwifery care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
As a Midwife you will make an impact by:
- Providing high standards of evidence-based midwifery care to women of varying ages and cultural groups
- Planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating midwifery care in collaboration with women, their families and the multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and health outcomes
- Supervising and guiding junior and undergraduate midwives in provision of midwifery care
- Working collaboratively with the wider healthcare team to support patient care needs
- Being passionate about delivering an exceptional patient experience for women and their families
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), withdemonstrated evidence to meet the NMBA's Registered Midwife standards for practice and meet the NMBA approved standards, codes, guidelines and frameworks commensurate with the position.
- Demonstrates continuous quality improvement with the ability to:
- a) comprehensively conduct assessments; develop a plan for midwifery practice; provide safe, appropriate and responsive quality midwifery practice; and evaluates outcomes to inform midwifery practice.
- Demonstrated competencies in and/or knowledge of the complexities and challenges involved in caring for women and their family during pregnancy, labour, birth and the postpartum period.
- Flexibility to work rotating roster across 7 days.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- You must have a current police check or be prepared to obtain one as a condition of employment
What we can offer you:
- Great remuneration
- Variety of work in Geelong and Melbourne
- Supportive and friendly allocations team
- Free uniform and training
VNS offers on-going bookings with some of our key clients that enable you to gain regular work.
If you believe you meet the above criteria, please apply to join our agency today.
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities please download the position description/statement from the link below
Click here for the position description
Click here to find out more applying for this position
For a confidential discuss please contact Recruitment team on 0398925105 quoting reference Number 28102019.
03 9896 2205 - Business Hours
03 9898 7000 - After Hours www.nursespecialists.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email